The MTA Professional Education Ethics Code serves as a guarantee of professional behavior and as the primary set of guidelines regarding the obligations and responsibilities common to all members of the profession.
- Educators believe in the worth and dignity of each human being.
- Educators accept responsibility to adhere to the highest ethical standards.
- Educators recognize the magnitude of responsibility inherent in the teaching process.
- Educators recognize the supreme importance of the pursuit of truth and devotion to excellence.
- Educators nurture democratic principles and protect the freedom to learn and teach.
- Educators guarantee equal educational opportunities for all.
- Educators strive to help each student realize his or her potential as a worthy and effective member of society.
- Educators work to stimulate the spirit of inquiry, the acquisition of knowledge and understanding, and the thoughtful formulation of worthy goals.
Provided by the MTA Professional Standards and Ethics Committee.